- GO Transit suburban Toronto network has added additional trains between Toronto and Niagara Falls. Travelers can now take up to four daily round-trip trains: three on GO just to the Ontario stop plus one on the Amtrak-VIA Rail Maple Leaf to both the Canadian and US Niagara Falls stops.
- This week’s Discount Tuesday Deal: 10% discount on the Escape fare in Economy class in the Québec City–Windsor corridor for travel Tuesday, June 27, Wednesday, June 28, Tuesday, July 4 or Wednesday, July 5, 2023, and on the Canadian, the Ocean and regional trains for travel between June 27 and July 31, 2023. I still haven’t seen any recent deals on the popular transcontinental sleeper service.
Europe and Asia
- Neither Eurail nor Rail Europe has a current promotion.
- Strikes continue to plague European rail and air services. If you’re headed there, check the status.
- The Turkish railway has opened a new high-speed line inking Ankara with Sivas. The 250-mile (400 km) extension runs east from Ankara into a part of central Turkey that few visitors reach, but it’s a great benefit for locals.
See our Amtrak news and discounts bulletin for domestic rail news.
For more travel tips from Ed Perkins, see our companion site Ed on Travel.